Thursday 5 November 2015

MOBOS 2015 - Shara is Assistant Stylist to Lethal Bizzle Dancers!

OMGGGGG! Guys I cannot contain my excitement. I Shara Johnson had the amazing opportunity of being an assistant stylist for the MOBOS 2015. The 'MOBOS' for people who don't know is a prestigious annual awards ceremony that celebrates Music Of Black Origin. Attended by the likes of Rita Ora, Ella Eyre and Lianne La Havas it was certainly an event not to be missed.

Dancers styled by Sabrina Grant & Myself (Shara Johnson)
 

You can only imagine my excitement when head stylist Sabrina Grant called me to ask if I wanted to be her assistant, I was like 'YEEES OF COURSE'. So I packed my bags and headed up to Leeds for two days, where we were styling Lethal Bizzle's back up dancers for his opening performance of his song 'Fester'.

My MOBOS lanyard pass

I was so thrilled and chuffed with how things went, I didn't get over whelmed by it. I got stuck right in stitching dancers in their costumes, making sure things were in place, making sure they looked great going on stage. After some dance rehearsals I got to go on set of the opening scene filming of  Lethal Bizzle pulling up to the arena in the Lamborghini.

On set of filming opening performance scene

The main stage of the MOBOS looked ammaazzinng, its one thing seeing it all on TV but actually being there was an experience I will never forget.

Show day was fabulous, everything went to plan and the dancers looked great. We styled them in Catsuits for sexiness but still made it appropriate for TV, and the 'Lethal Bizzle' performance was ammaziing. He is a genuinely really nice artist, he introduced himself to everyone and was very friendly.

Lethal Bizzle Dancers styled by Sabrina Grant & Myself


I met Shakka (whos music I love!) I also met the fabulous singer / artist Shezar who can saaaannng! I built up a really great rapor with her and I will be designing for her in the near future and I can't wait!

Me & music artist Shezar

As well as that I got so many goodies, and when I say goodies I mean free samples (perks of the job). I got a hoodie from an emerging brand called 'Marbek' whos Atlas jackets and over sized t-shirts are gorgeous. I also got a rose coloured necklace from  'Buckley London', as well as a 'Bench' parker coat, a faux fur gillet from 'Urban Bliss' and lots more.

One of the founders of 'Marbek' & I

Overall I had the one of the best experiences I could've asked for, I learned a lot, but most importantly I showed myself that I can do this. I want to say a special thanks to stylist Sabrina Grant for this opportunity, I am still on a high right now, and I am confident it can only get better from here for me. MOBOS 2015 YOU WERE EPIC!

Samples from clothing & jewellery brands

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig