Thursday 21 April 2016

Vogue Book: 'The Gown'

Much like any fashionista and designer, we all have places where we get our inspiration from. Mine are mainly sunsets, tropical fish (you know the usual) for when I'm designing clothes. However sometimes its nice to refer to some history and look at some of the legendary designers and magazines that did / do it best.

I am so excited writing about this because not only is 'Vogue' a great source of inspiration for emerging designers, but I got this beautiful book called 'The Gown' on sale reduced from £60 down to £15 Yaaasss! Won't he do it! *church stomp*


As soon as I saw it I had to snatch it up. In true Vogue style, the hard back book comes in a gorgeous black case with a blue metallic finish to keep it preserved, and is filled with iconic fashion pieces and editorials like this one below, which is my favourite image in the book, mainly because of the use of bright colour and clashing prints.


This collectors piece gives us an insight into when 'Vogue was started in 1892 with images of their first front covers all the way up to now, with emphasis on how much of an integral part the different designers interpretation of a gown was iconic to the magazine.



For designers, stylists or fashion lovers in general, I would say that this is a fantastic book to buy and and read. I think fashion history is so important. Whilst platforms like Instagram, Tumblr and even blogs are brilliant, sometimes a good ole book that is tangible does the trick in my opinion. :)

Obsessed with the gown on the stairs OMG - just amazing!




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig