Tuesday 25 July 2017

AFRO PUNK LONDON!!!

Outfit

Crotchet Bralet - Topshop
Joni Jeans - Topshop
Flats - H&M (old)

OMG! After years of seeing Afro Punk pictures on Instagram and Tumblr, my friend and I spontaneously decided  to go to the one in London - and I'm so glad we did - I LOVED IT!
It was so refreshing to walk in and see hundreds of black folk expressing their individuality through colours, eccentric fashion and embracing their roots by rocking Ankara, whilst sporting locs, box braids and afros - needless to say I was in my element and the versatility in the shades of melanin and hairstyles brought a smile to my face.


Held at the 'Print works' studios luckily most of the event was held indoors because chile the British weather decided to open the skies and send a down pour of rain which would've been a disaster for my afro, which luckily stayed looking cute for the whole day :)


Upon arrival there were an array of stalls selling African jewellery, clothing, hand painted bags, Ankara covered stationery, shea butter (etc). One of my favourite stalls was a lovely stand of colourful greeting and birthday cards.


Some of my favourite looks of the day included this fabulous couple, who came dressed looking regal in orange ensembles looking like they just came straight out of Wakanda in black panter. My other favoutrite looks were from these two lovely ladies I met, who came all the way from Holland just for Afro Punk (left).


There was literally something for everyone, whether it was a live performance from the likes of JME  ,Corrine Bailey Rae or 'The Internet', a DJ set, a live artist painting a mural, or food, it was just positive vibes all round for the entire day, everyone was lovely.


All in all it was a great day, I was actually sad when it was over, the event made me realise how important events like these are and that we need so many more of them in London. I will definitely be going to Afro punk again, next year I'm planning to go to the one in Paris, but for now the memories of Afro Punk London will stay with me. :) xxx


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig