Tuesday 29 August 2017

Nottinghill Carnival!!!

Outfit

Bralet - Topshop
Joni Jeans - Topshop
Shoes - Primark
Bumbag - Primark
Sunglasses - Ebay

Good morning all! I am currently writing this from my bed with a thumping headache and sipping some hot lemon and honey tea in the hope of recovering from yesterday's carnival antics, I danced, dropped a wine and sang at the top of my lungs - totally worth it.


I've actually been partying since Saturday evening, my girls invited me out for a girls night and we ended up at some basement Bashment dance on Shoreditch high street which was surprisingly very good, and at around 3:30am me and my Mr went to a friend's to watch the greatly anticipated Mayweather Vs Mcgregor fight.


Actually getting to the Carnival was a myth! We were literally packed into the tube like sardines, and some poor man was literally under my armpit for the whole journey loool. Once we got there the atmosphere was great! It was a hot 26 degrees with the familiar smell of jerk chicken greeting my nose and floats with their booming sound systems were proudly adorned with Caribbean flags.


 Of course me and my homie Stephen went straight to the bashment float and proceeded to bruck it down and drop a wine to Lady Saw, Konshens, Beenie man, and the all time carnival favourite tune 'Palance' woooooiii dah song deh mad!.


I once saw a meme that said 'If you lose your friends at Carnival, only the grace of God can bring you back together' lol and its so true, BUT despite there being so many people there my goodas friend Zara aka my twin found me! I was so happy to see her we've been friends since we were 11 years old.


I honestly have no idea how far we walked yesterday although I'm guessing it was about 3 miles, but when you are having a good time you really don't mind how far you walk. We went right to the end of the procession.


I've come to the conclusion that I want to wear a costume next year. This is my 4th time at Nottinghill Carnival and I absolutely love it, this year it was good vibes all round, next year I will be turning up yet again and shelling it down wooooiii *does nuh linga* :) xx




Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig