Friday 21 November 2014

Fashion Fix Friday: The 'Shopaholic' Book series by Sophie Kinsella

Hi guys! Although most of my fashion fixes are from clothes or shoes, sometimes they come from books, and in particular 'Sophie Kinsella' books and her series called ‘Shopaholic’. I like to read these snuggled up in my onesie with a cup of hot chocolate.

Sophie Kinsella’s style of writing makes me feel as if I know the character personally. The main character in the books ‘Becky Bloomwood’ a twenty something year old lady, loves to shop, and sometimes – no all the time gets into trouble with her spending habits. However she always finds a way to make things work and has an amazing positive attitude. 


She has great taste in clothing, loves designer brands, and has the same problem as me when she sees something she likes but literally has to sometimes force herself not to buy it because she doesn’t need or can’t afford it (story of my life with shoes). Although the way I’m describing the book may sound a bit superficial, it is far from it. Each Shopaholic book describes Becky juggling different areas and struggles in her life such as: Climbing the career ladder, pleasing her parents, balancing finances (terribly), relationship issues, contemplating getting married… pretty much what most twenty - somethings go through. If you want a good laugh, escapism and a fashion fix without spending much, these books are certainly the way to go.


Another book I love by Sophie Kinsella is ‘The Undomestic Goddess’. A book about a strong independent high powered lawyer, who loves to wear top knots, sharply tailored two piece suits, and is at the height of her career.  Unexpectedly she gets fired and is forced to explore life from a different perspective. She realises she is actually much happier without the mountain of stress on her shoulders. I love this book because it shows that although she was a powerful woman in her field, she spent all of her time at a desk and wasn’t living - she was existing. This book taught me that it’s ok too be at the top of your career, but not to neglect yourself and forget to enjoy living life at the same time.


So ladies get in your onesie, snuggle up, make a cup of hot chocolate and get reading :)

Now all I need to do is get my hands on her new book 'Shopaholic to the stars' eek! I'm so excited to read this when it comes out!

Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig