Thursday 14 August 2014

Floral Preppy

Today I spent the day going to look at birthday venues and attended a dress fitting with my sister with the fabulous designer Stephen Arthur (the dress was beautiful) It really was a great day. Although both meetings were informal I opted for the smart casual look. 



Using my H&M blue jeans which is a good base for most smart casual outfits, I paired with them a fun, airy floral shirt from Primark, I love the print placement on the shirt and it was such a bargain buy at only £5. Of course I had to add more colour to the outfit and picked this bright orange blazer from Ebay to compliment the shirt and create a contrast with the jeans, which I'd rolled up to add to the preppy look. I always say, if you are going to do a look, commit to it from head to toe!




Pushing up the sleeves of a blazer can add more depth and texture to an outfit, and also allows the option of showing off the rest of the printed shirt which can sometimes get lost in the blazer. The black belt adds a break in the outfit and compliments my Zara bag which I usually end up carrying my life in (lol). The ensemble was completed with white cutout sandals from Urban Outfitters and my trustee afro.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig