Friday 13 May 2016

Shara's Friday Fashion Fix!

Hi All!

For those of you that don't know I have a fashion segment of BBCWM radio called 'Shara's Friday Fashion Fix' that I've been doing since October 2015, where I talk with the show host 'Richie Anderson' about the latest fashion trends. Last week we asked women of the public what their fashion questions were I thought it would be great for me to share my advice with you and hopefully this will help you too - Enjoy! :)


Me in the BBC WM studio with Richie Anderson



Questions from the ladies of the public


What can I wear to BBQ or a garden party?    - Pippa

As the weather gets warmer I think key items like a summer skater dress or shift dress are great because they’re light, airy and fun. If you’re not a dress person, I think a pair of linen trousers are great because the fabric still allows your legs to breath, and last but not least, if in doubt wear a maxi . I think maxi dresses in general look great on every one no matter what body shape you have or if your tall or short, maxi dresses look great.



What shoes can I wear that are suitable for weather that keeps changing? - Gillian

 I think this is an excellent question because we have typical British weather, it was snowing last week and now the sun is blazing, but it may get cold again. For the ladies I would advise that the key shoe in your wardrobe for Spring should be a shoe boot, it’s like a hybrid of both an ankle boot and a shoe. These are great because they’re a really good transition shoe throughout the seasons, they come up just to the ankle and usually have a peep toe or cut outs at the back or sides. You can pick up a lovely pair of shoe boots from shops such as: Dorothy Perkins for £22 - £25 most places are in mid - season sale so a lot of them have 20 % off. For Men I think desert boots are great shoes, these are typically made of suede and they’re great for keeping the feet warm on days wear it gets chilli, but it’s also a lightweight shoe so your feet won’t feel hot and stuffy when it starts getting warmer.

Where can I buy shoes that sell shoes for wide feet or flat feet? - Shadeesh

This is a very common issue that a lot of women have, and shopping for new shoes can be disheartening when you have wider feet, and as the weather get warmer its more common that your feet will expand / swell. Shops that do great wide fit ranges are ‘Dorothy Perkins’, New Look for around £15 - £35, if you have triple E wide feet and are looking for a comfortable shoe, shops like JD Williams and Evans are great, but if you are looking for fashion forward styles then places like Asos do a very good wide range as well, and equally if you do want a more premium finished and quality shoes and don’t mind spending more money, then brands like NINE WEST also do a very good wide fit range.  


What can I do to spruce up my wardrobe for spring for less than £20?  - Amber, 31

Sometimes people assume that you need to spend a fortune to spruce up your wardrobe and you don’t. Sprucing up your wardrobe can be as simple as buying yourself a new fragrance. Zara do amazing fragrances for between £5 - £10 and they smell just as good as the designer ones. If you want to stay on a budget you can also be creative with it and do some D.I.Y, maybe buy take that plain white shirt / summer dress in your wardrobe get yourself some Dylon dye for £4.00 and dye it a different colour, go to the market get some different buttons and have the old buttons on your shirt or jacket replaced, I think people would be surprised at how much difference things like that would make. Or as I mentioned earlier a lot of stores are still having their mid season sales and you definitely pick up a pair of sandals from places like Primark and Zara for between £10 - £18








Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig