Wednesday 27 May 2015

Shara Illustration: The Inspirational Woman series - Lupita Nyong'o

Hi Guys!,


This week I felt very inspired to do a series of illustration called 'The inspirational Woman', these are women who I personally admire and would love to design for. The first illustration I wanted to do was of the Oscar winning actress Lupita Nyong'o. Besides being absolutely stunning, she represents girls like me, girls who have ambition and are determined to reach their goals.

When I saw the beautiful gown she wore for the film festival in 'Cannes' I was so inspired by the voluminous movement  in her dress, and how the colour just popped against her skin - I just had to draw her.


Can we also discuss how she looks amazing in literally everything she wears, literally every colour suits her skin, and she always carries herself with grace, an inner strength and a smile that can light up a room. When I saw Lupita Nyongo on the cover of this weeks issue of 'Stylist' magazine, I thought - Yeeeesssss girl! work that melanin! It made me so happy and reminded me of when she accepted her Oscar - she said -

'No matter where you are from, your dreams are valid'


 Lupita Nyong'o you are truly inspirational.


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig