Sunday 2 November 2014

Back to the 90's!

(8) THIS IS HOW WE DO IT, IT'S FRIDAY NIIIGGGGHHHHT! (8) *Montell Jordan voice*
That was how everyone felt two weeks ago as my little sister celebrated her stylish 21st birthday by having a 90's themed party! The requirement was for everyone to come dressed from the 90's, so you know me, being the princess that I am had to go alllllll the way in and do it justice!
                                 
Sister's Friends & Family at birthday party in 90's dress
























First stop was to make sure I got the clothing and colours right, so I stopped off at the best vintage shop in Birmingham - 'Cow Vintage'. I picked up this ah-mazing multi-coloured shirt for just £15 and I'd already decided that I was going for the fitted Hilary look (from

Fresh Prince of Belair) mixed with a bit of En Vouge. I wore the shirt the 90's way by having a little crop top on underneath it and only doing the top button up.

                                           Moi and Stephen                                           Me and my older sister

Next on the list was accessories, so it was off the Birmingham indoor market for those. I got a pink bandanna at £1, these huge gold hoop earrings for £4.00 and this gold chain for £4.00 also, who says you can't shop on a budget? (stick with me girls and I'll teach you a thing or two about bargain hunting lol)
                          Meeee                                                                      Me and my sisters taking a selfie





With my outfit almost complete, the most important part of the outfit - shoes! I already had these fabulous multi-coloured wedges from Ebay at £14.99 that would pull the outfit together perfectly, however I knew I wouldn't last all night in those - especially if I was going to be going innnnnn on the dance floor, I also decided to wear these metallic silver pumps that I got from Primark for just £7 which are super comfortable and I actually wear a lot now. 

 

Lastly was the typical red 90's lipstick that I picked up from 'Superdrug' a huge smile, and energy to dance. I had a great time at my sister's party - she had a wale of time, we literally danced all night! My older sister channeled the rapper 'Da Brat', and put her hair in twists and wore over sized jeans. My little sister - well she just came as herself - she literally dresses like this everyday with her colourful braids and huge personality. This was certainly a night to remember - we definitely looked and partied like it was 1999!
                                                              The Birthday Girl!


Share:

2 comments

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig