Wednesday 21 September 2016

London Fashion Week 2016!

Hi my lovelies!

So much has happened over the past few weeks, I've moved back to London, I've done a design internship, and now it is back to the time of year where we celebrate all things fashion - YES! I am referring to London Fashion Week! For me London is the place of real innovation and fearless fashion. Designer's here aren't scared to leave the hems of garments undone, and show real grit and conviction in who they are as designers.


My fashion week was kick started early with an Internship  at Julien Macdonald where I got to exercise my hand sewing and embellishment skills during the week, and the grand show that took place in Marylebone saw his intricate and sexy designs brought to life by models such as Hailey Baldwin. My favourite looks were definitely the black cut out jumpsuit and the silver fringe dress that had a very 20's feel to it.

Julien Macdonald Ss17 backstage at LFW

Fast forward to day 5 and the Ss17 show of the emerging brand 'Irynvigre', I loved the whole vibe of the show. Back stage was calm and relaxed (which is rare for fashion week) with hair being done by 'Tony & Guy'. 
'Irynvigre' Backstage

The metallic make up gave the models a futuristic sci fi look that was very fitting for the collection which was filled with light & airy fabrics and clean lines.

'Irynvigre' Ss17 Show

After the show it was time to mingle, and I met some fabulous fashionistas who came to SLAY! I met this lovely lady who goes by the name of miss Brown, she certainly did not hold back with her use of colour and her fabulous afro. I also had the pleasure of meeting YouTube 'Tootsie Time' I love her channel and think she is one of the few YouTubers who just tell it like it is, and her outfit gave me life! YAAAASSSS!


Overall my couple of days at London Fashion week were great, until next time fashionistas. mwahh :) xx



Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Sharasfashion | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig